Yarn cache clean' returned a non-zero code: 1

I just got a new server up and running tonight with docker on digital ocean (after a few days of trial and error and beating my head against the wall). Now that it’s up and running though is the first time I’ve hit what feels like a true dead end. I made some changes to the settings.yml to change the description etc and wanted to rebuild with the changes.

I enter sudo docker-compose build

which then fails at this point:

Tasks: TOP => assets:generate_static_pages
(See full trace by running task with --trace)
ERROR: Service 'web' failed to build: The command '/bin/sh -c cd ~ && 	OTP_SECRET=precompile_placeholder SECRET_KEY_BASE=precompile_placeholder rails assets:precompile && 	yarn cache clean' returned a non-zero code: 1

Anyone know what I might be able to do to fix it? Note that I do have OTP_SECRET and SECRET_KEY_BASE set in my .env.production. Also after seeing Installing libxml2 and libxslt on Docker by ykzts · Pull Request #9680 · tootsuite/mastodon · GitHub added a change to --use-system-libraries which was referenced as a fix in Docker build fails due to bundler's error · Issue #9672 · tootsuite/mastodon · GitHub I added yarn to my system but it had no effect.

ubuntu 18.04
Docker version 18.09.2, build 6247962
Also note I’m building my own image

I was a silly mistake on my part. I used the word don't without escaping the apostrophe inside my settings.yml

When I die I’ll go to a place where all the hours I spent fixing single-character bugs are waiting for me and there I will get to re-spend them lying on the grass on a sunny day smiling.