Where are the relays?

Hello!

I set up a Mastodon instance a couple of days back for Malayalam speaking friends, so that we can toot away in our beloved native lingo. Right now the instance is a bit of sparse, as it happens with new instances, and I was hoping to solve some of the emptiness problem by hooking up our instance with a federation relay. But I can’t seem to find a federation relay.

Where do I find a federation relay? If you run one, would you be kind enough to let me use your relay?

Thank you!

While the relay features are technically implemented, I do not think there has been a practical implantation guide or even about page writen, so only a handful of people that actually wrote the code for the feat9know how they work? :confused:

Just popping in to thank you for the answer.

I have had a Waiting for relay's approval using https://relay.joinmastodon.org/inbox as a relay. I read somewhere that this was the thing to do, but can’t find the reference. Looking around for information and documentation regarding this function has been pretty tough. I found this thoughJoinMastodon PubRelay GitHub. Would love to see some more information on this :slight_smile:

relay.joinmastodon.org is no longer running, to my knowledge. the code isn’t production ready for high-volume usage yet

Does anyone have any further info on this? It was announced in the 2.5.0 release notes and my instance (ausglam.space) is now following another one (aus.social) but I have no idea how to determine my own instance’s inbox URL. Docs are sparse to say the least.

relays are not built in to mastodon, they’re a completely separate server. we don’t currently recommend any relays for production use.

It would be helpful if the release notes said as much instead of leaving everyone to guess.

(deleted some posts—my mistake, I thought you were replying to a different thread about database migrations)

Found one .
Go there : https://relay.mastodon.host/