Upgrading from the 1-click installer

I installed from the 1-click digital ocean installer, then did an upgrade to 3.3.0.

Everything seems to be working fine, but the upgrade steps in the 3.2 release talk about access headers for nginx configuration.

I’m not terribly familiar with nginx, so I’m not 100% sure where I should put the line

add_header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' '*';

I’m looking at the config file in etc/nginx/sites-enabled folder and there are several “locations” and I’m not sure which one I should pop this into.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

hi @mattrob I’m also attempting to upgrade my 1-click installer and having all sorts of issues. The first of which being that I can’t switch to the mastodon user. Were you every successful at upgrading and could you point me to a decent guide or give me some advice?

Thank you!

Hi Matt! The header you mentioned is specifically for If you are serving user-uploaded files from a differet domain/subdomain than the one the Mastodon web UI is served from. Unless you set up a 3rd party object storage provider like S3 or Wasabi when setting up your instance, you should be good to go here. You can see if this is the case by checking the S3_ENABLED environment variable in your .env file—if it’s true, then you need to figure out where to set the header—depending on the values of your configuration file, this could be in the S3/Wasabi interface, in nginx, or in a different reverse proxy.

I did get this to work but I have another issue. The upgrade seemed to go successfully. I’ll post another thread though.

Yes, I’m using a digital ocean space as S3 storage. That’s all working.

But I have no idea where to set this header in my nginx config as described in the update instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.