So, I wanted to update you guys a little bit, as Ive been half out of commission for the past 3 weeks or so. I'll set a goal to work my way back up slowly, starting with 1-2hrs / day, then adding on 1hr per week over the coming weeks. So you know if I seem to be working very little, I'm just trying to work consistently rather than squeeze in a lot of hours. And I believe this way will get me back on my feet the fastest.
This has a lot to do with my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I want to find ways to work with you.
To help me there are a few things you can do:
- Avoid direct or private messages as much as possible, as they lock me out of being able to share it or direct it to someone who knows better, and makes me an unnecessary bottle neck.
- Help answer peoples questions (be it under #needhelp or the public timelines)
- Help answer questions on here
- Help update the Wiki with basic "FAQ" questions, and lists of people to connect users to regarding very specific questions.
- Update the Get involved, to look nicer and function better.
So, that said, Today I submitted my hours for my 2nd billing cycle working with Mastodon. I am not nearly maxing hours yet, which is good, because that means we can put money to other good use, like supporting our Admin team.
We have had a huge influx of new users, on Mastodon.social, and the mastoverse in general for the past few days. It would appear that "Black Twitter" found Mastodon, after yet another Twitter fuckup. We welcome you all to our little piece of peace. This means that a lot of my work for the past 24hrs or so, has revolved around acclimating these new users, helping out with reports (thank you for submitting these), and answering a lot of questions.
When we closed m.s again yesterday, we took the time to try and improve the message, to help people understand that there are a lot more servers out there. We also shared this message via @Mastodon
A short release update re 1.4.2-3 went up. Yey, you can delete your account now!
I spent some time looking over some very old feedback, and tried to associate them, to the best of my abilities, to GitHub issues. I still have some work to do with this.
And I have spent a lot of time playing catch-up since my last update.
And I probably forgot a lot of things.