Translation to kurdish language (Northern kurdish)

Hi there! i would to know how to start the translation process of mastodon into kurdish?
Cyax

Hello,

It looks like there is a Kurdish translation which you should be able to work on at CrowdIn. Please update this thread whether it works or not as I’ve not setup an account there.

-weex

1 Like

Hi again and thank you for your reply.
Actually there is sorani kurdish (central kurdish)
but i ask for kurmanji kurdish (northern kurdish)

Great. If you know the two-letter ISO code for Northern Kurdish you might add that to an issue to add a locale like Please add gd locale · Issue #15826 · mastodon/mastodon · GitHub.

1 Like

For northern kurdish the ISO code is ku
For central kurdish it’s ckb

Translation to kurdish language (Northern kurdish) - #2 by weex on github naming the sorani kuridsh as Ku is so wrong the right is ckb, this makes us suffering so much I’ll suggest renaming it today
please take a look at this https://twitter.com/crowdsourckurdi/status/1371381244282408960?s=20

I’m still waiting for an answer…

I agree this is a problem, the next step is for you to create an issue in github. Please add gd locale · Issue #15826 · mastodon/mastodon · GitHub may help though you’re requesting a renaming of one locale and then repurposing of the existing for you if I understand correctly. If you don’t have a github account or don’t want one, write out a description of the problem the best you can and I’ll create the issue for you.

1 Like

Hi again, and sorry for my delayed answer, I need to understand this point what I should to do at first step? I’ve asked on crowdin to add kurmanji Kurdish and they did, should I start translate there or? And yes I need to rename ku into ckb
But I’ve 0 experience on GitHub, I remembered that I’ve requested for renaming an existing locale file into ckb many times but I get no reply, so I’m not sure if i can change anything there.

Best regards
Cyax