Rbenv: version `2.6.1' is not installed (set by /home/mastodon/live/.ruby-version)

Hi guys,

I am installing Mastodon on my Ubuntu 18.04 VPS, following the instructions at Installation - Mastodon documentation

Everything went fine until the ‘Installing the last dependencies ’ stage. When I execute ‘RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake mastodon:setup’, I see an error message that ‘rbenv: version `2.6.1’ is not installed (set by /home/mastodon/live/.ruby-version)’…

The entire process can be seen in this pastebin: Dave's Mastodon installation process I/O - 005038c9

The file .ruby-version does indeed contain 2.6.1 …

Could anyone give me some help/advice, please?

RUN:

RUBY_CONFIGURE_OPTS=--with-jemalloc rbenv install 2.6.1
rbenv global 2.6.1
1 Like

Yes Mastodon 2.8.0 need Ruby 2.6.1

as you already Installed mastodon so follow this

> sudo su - mastodon
> cd .rbenv
> rbenv install 2.6.1
> rbenv global 2.6.1
  • The recommended Ruby version has been bumped to 2.6.1. You can upgrade, or you can continue using the old version by overwriting the .ruby-version file with e.g. 2.6.0 or 2.5.3 which were recommended previously

Thank you for your replies, guys. In the end, I decided to restart the entire installation process… But I am getting an error message that rbenv is not installed.

I have encountered an error. In the ‘Installing Ruby’ section, when I execute ‘echo ‘eval “$(rbenv init -)”’ >> ~/.bashrc’ followed by ‘exec bash’,

I get the message ‘Command rbenv not found, but can be installed with: apt install rbenv’ …

Thus the how-to fails from that point on because it seems that the version cloned from git does not seem to be detected…

Can I install the Ubuntu apt package for 18.04 as root user, or is that going to create problems? (The mastodon user is not a sudoer, so I have to open a separate session for root…)

Any advice please? (and thank you in advance, if so)

Rerun installing Ruby Process You can skip adding User as you already added it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.