New Instance Users Never Fill Out Their Profile

I’ve started getting people joining my instance (4 so far), but none of them seem to be setting up their profiles. No pictures, description, etc. Is this normal? I’m wondering if there’s something I’m missing.

I have the same problem. I noticed a new user appear on my instance but there’s no info, no picture and I didn’t see any emails (as admin). Very odd.

I’m up to 7 sign-ups now, none have filled out their profile, and 6 of them never posted anything. One said he’d do an introduction, posted a couple of toots, then has been silent since without filling in his profile. I guess maybe it’s just normal that for every X number of new sign-ups you only get 1 active user?

Yes, it’s annoying and intriguing at the same time. It’s the lack of notification that someone new had joined that bothers me though: is there a setting I should be toggling?

There’s no setting to toggle that I’ve found. It sounds like Mastodon v2.2.0 will send welcome emails to people when they sign up, but I don’t see anything to send a notification to site admins. Maybe somebody more familiar with Mastodon administration can correct me if I’m wrong on that.

The way I’m solving this issue right now, is: I make new followers, follow my account by default. So when someone confirms their email, and they log in to the site, you’ll get a notification (on your mobile app, if you have one) that someone new followed you, so you can tell they’re new users on your instance.