I recently migrated to Hometown. The migration itself went fine. No errors. However as soon as I tried changing to one of the themes bundled with that fork the entire font end went down (I foolishly made it the default theme before testing).
Through peaking at log files here and there I found out that the theme files did not get packaged into the /public folder. When I run assets:precompile however it reports no errors and that everything was completed fine.
I am at a loss, I have little experience with ruby and have no idea how to go about fiddling with webpacker (which I assume is the source of my troubles).