Mastodon instances gives "We're sorry, but something went wrong on our side" on mobile

Hi.

I’m unable to access Mastodon instances (i.e., mastodon.social, mastodon.host) on mobile (web browser on OnePlus 7 Pro), every time I get this error message:

“We’re sorry, but something went wrong on our side.”

How to bypass this ?

Regards
Artūras

Does the OnePlus 7 Pro use the same web browser as stock Android? what happens when you install Chrome from the google play store? Does Chrome work?

With all web browsers I have tried (Chrome, IceCat Mobile, Firefox Focus, Samsung Internet) it gave exactly same error. I reset browsers, but it didn’t help. It’s probably related to Android’s settings, but I can’t figure out which ones.

Just wondering, what are Mastodon’s requirements towards web browser and its capabilities / supported technology in order to work properly on mobiles.
E.g., it works just fine on PCs, laptops, but fails on some smartphones with stock settings and stock web browsers. What are differences when connecting from desktop version VS mobile version ?

Hi.

Today mastodon.social opens with no problem on my OnePlus 7 Pro with all web browsers. However, same problem with other mastodon instances (e.g., mastodon.host or mastodon.cloud) still persists.

I’ve done nothing myself to make it work with mastodon.social. Just checked the site on regular basis.

Regards
Artūras