Mastodon doesn't clear cache

Hello guys. I run an instance for myself. Only one user (me) is active there and I posted like 2.1K toots but now I have 17.5GB of cache files. The person who helps me setting up my instance said Mastodon has a code in itself that clears cache but it’s not running properly. Here’s the error log: Ubuntu Pastebin

I told him that maybe it’s because of Ruby. I have Ruby 2.7.2 but Mastodon recalls Ruby 2.7.0 but I checked and the Ruby files were available on the directory it is recalling.

mastodon@mastodon:~/live$ ls vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/msgpack-1.3.3/lib/msgpack.rb -alh
-rw-r--r-- 1 mastodon mastodon 1.2K Jan 12 20:20 vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/msgpack-1.3.3/lib/msgpack.rb

can you please help me purge this cache?

The problem seems to be this:

`require’: incompatible library version - /home/mastodon/live/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/msgpack-1.3.3/lib/msgpack/msgpack.so (LoadError)

Have you moved your installation to another platform? You’d probably need to reinstall msgpack

Hello there.

I fixed it by reinstalling all the dependencies. It’s fixed now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.