How to replace logos/

Hello, is there a way to replace highlighted logos in this image trough css?

Thank You

Officially you are not meant to replace those logos as they symbolize that the software is Mastodon. Of course you are free to modify the source code, so you’ll need to replace those files.

It’s just confusing for some users. Mastodin is anyway mentioned in many place.

You can replace logo

You have to find them in the image directory. right click - find the name and search the github folder for the directory then replace and return precompile assets.
This method provided by the admin of mastodon.art You can contact him/her for more info

The file name I found is logo_full-96e7a97fe469f75a23a74852b2478fa3.svg, but I connot find this file anywhere on GitHub. I found instead logo_full in app/javascript/images and I replace them with my own but it doesn’t have any effect on the web.

Sorry For incomplete Answer

Fire up FileZilla (or any other FTP client) and login with your mastodon account.

If you cd to /home/mastodon/live/app/javascript/images

There you can download the logo’s (.svg) and open them in Illustrator, replace them with yours, save, upload and recompile!

You need to recompile and it will take effect

I already did the part with filezilla and replacing the files. How I’m doing the recompile? not using docker.

Login Into Mastodon Account Via CLI

sudo su - mastodon
cd live
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rails assets:precompile

I think this is how you do that

the recompile works, but the logos are still not replaced and Ițm sure the files have been replaced, I double checked.

I guess it needs something like an update of mastodon or something. Also, I translate on weblate on my local language which is also not reflecting on my instance.

You replaced the file with the same name that older file have right?

Yes, of course and none of them has changed on the web too.

That is Weird Send Your instance Link

address https://forrum.ro

I am going to change logo in my instance although it gonna take time as Im creating mine logo so wait and let me test it First

As Gargron said, you can replace logos by editing the source assets (for example, app/javascript/images/logo.svg) and recompiling assets (RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rails assets:precompile).

If that doesn’t work, then you’ve probably edited the generated files (the ones with the checksum in their url) and not the source files, causing them to be overwritten when compiling assets

When he restarting the mastodon services he getting this

Failed to restart mastodon-web.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files

See system logs and 'systemctl status mastodon-web.service' for details.

Failed to restart mastodon-streaming.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files

See system logs and 'systemctl status mastodon-streaming.service' for details.

Failed to restart mastodon-sidekiq.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files

See system logs and 'systemctl status mastodon-sidekiq.service' for details.

Hi, I’m sure I replaced the right files in the right directory, but it doesn’t work.

Still, I get an error when I tried to restart mastodon services

Failed to restart mastodon-web.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files

See system logs and 'systemctl status mastodon-web.service' for details.

Failed to restart mastodon-streaming.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files

See system logs and 'systemctl status mastodon-streaming.service' for details.

Failed to restart mastodon-sidekiq.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files

See system logs and 'systemctl status mastodon-sidekiq.service' for details.

you have to use sudo systemctl restart mastodon-* to restart mastodon

Oh… Here we go. Well done. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.