Home timelines not keeping toots / "Load more" doesn't work

Hello.

I’m the admin of the shelter.moe instance.

I’m running 2.5.2 (install from source) , and since yesterday for a reason I can’t explain yet, all my users’ home instances are not browseable anymore. You can see the few latest toots, or sometimes the home TL just appears empty.

Local, global and notification timelines work fine.

The “load more” button in th e home timeline doesn’t load anything at all too.

I suppose this is not really a bug but more something wrong I’ve done or a problem on my server, but I’d like to know where to look to find out what’s wrong.

All I get in mastodon-web logs are 500 errors like thi sone from time to time, but I don’t suppose it’s the issue here :

oct. 29 08:11:56 shelter.mahoro-net.org bundle[5667]: [6a5bdf4a-74fe-4e8b-9e97-e63f36216a26] method=GET path=/users/dd86k/statuses/100974901551240389 format=json controller=StatusesController action=show status=500 error=‘HTTP::TimeoutError: execution expired’ duration=20008.21 view=0.00 db=1.77

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Thanks for your help!

One of my fellow sysadmins reactivated the feeds:clear_all rake tasdk hourly, which might, indeed, be the problem.

However I’d like to know how/if it’s possible to regenerate home timelines for users?

Okay, found a rake taks for that (feeds:rebuild)

I think I’ve got it now :slight_smile: Issue solved.