Fixing sign up email typo

Hello,

So I wanted to sign up and give this site a shot, it turned out I was a bit tired when I did so because I wrote “gmail/com” instead of “gmail.com”. Oddly enough, the servers accepted it as a valid email, now i’m stuck : i can’t get a validation email and i my username penseursauvage@mastodon.social is still taken.

How can I get this corrected ? Can an admin either correct the email or simply delete the username, so I can make a new one ?

Thank you in advance.

You may want to contact the email listed at mastodon.social - Mastodon. They should be able to assist you for that specific site. These forums are for the software project, not a specific instance. :slight_smile:

Although this does sound like a bug with Mastodon itself and that should be reported on the issue tracker.

I’ve sent a message to Gargron re: helping you @Penseursauvage

and I’ve sent a message to the dev group re: fixing the invalid email issue

I’ve been informed that as the account was not verified it’s been removed, which means it’s open again for you to re-register. I am sorry for the inconvenience, and we are looking at how to improve this. @Penseursauvage

It worked ! Thanks for the heads up. I hope the devs will make sure to allow email correction to prevent future noobie mistakes like mine. Thanks a lot to all of you for the help.