Federated timeline problem

So I am trying to view other accounts in my mastadon instance and am having a hard time syncing other instances in my federated timeline. I cannot find anything in the documentation. Is there something i missed??

can you check your sidekiq logs first?

I have the same problem. One of my users on penguicon.social followed his other account on bsd.network, and found that penguicon.social’s updates for that account are four days behind.

I looked at my sidekiq logs, but I don’t know what I’m looking at. What am I looking for?

I can see the list of another person’s Toots when I click their avatar – but only if I’m using my mastodon.social account. Not if I’m using my penguicon.social account.

I’m using the Mastodon Marketplace Droplet on DigitalOcean. I’ve kept current with upgrading releases, and am on 2.8.4.

This message appears 651 times in the logs that result from journalctl -r -u mastodon-sidekiq:

Jun 05 14:51:24 mastodon-s-1vcpu-1gb-nyc1-01 bundle[21483]: /home/mastodon/live/app/lib/sidekiq_error_handler.rb:5:in 'call'

A lengthy JSON WARN appears 26 times, containing, among other things:

"error_message":"Failed to open TCP connection to toot-relay.c3.cx:443 (getaddrinfo: Name or service not known)",
"error_class":"SocketError",
"error_backtrace":["/home/mastodon/.rbenv/versions/2.6.1/lib/ruby/2.6.0/net/http.rb:949:in `rescue in block in connect'",

Googling for “sidekiq SocketError” gives me pages about Redis, so it looks like it’s time for me to dive in to Redis.