Docker instructions unclear

Trying to set up Mastodon inside Docker using an official guide. db:setup step fails just like here or here. The guide writes down my config file text and says I can copy It later, but according to issue comments the next step fails because I didn’t copy .env.production vars.
I just don’t get what I’m missing here, looks like the official setup wizard is not working properly, though issues are getting closed without explanation

Can you try to suggest changes to https://github.com/tootsuite/documentation/edit/master/Running-Mastodon/Docker-Guide.md ? It is relatively easy to press the “edit” (pencil) button there and add/remove some text…

That’s an old readonly repo, the new one doesn’t contain Docker instructions at all.
I managed to work aforementioned errors around by basically running setup steps manually, so I don’t know how to fix this

Some of the documentation wasn’t copied over to the joinmastodon gitlab and it’s in the process of being updated and fixed. It would be useful if you could let us know what problems you had and your workaround?