Blank Page after Login


#1

Hi there,

I’m just looking for some assistance trying to setup my instance. I’m loading a blank page much like here: Blank page after logging in · Issue #3923 · tootsuite/mastodon · GitHub and here: After upgrading to 2.0.0, I got only blank page after logging in · Issue #5755 · tootsuite/mastodon · GitHub . It’s freshly setup, no errors in the nginx proxy I’m running in front of it or in any of the other logs for any of the docker containers brought up by docker-compose. I can get to the page, everything loads with 200’s, no errors in the dev tools in Firefox 57. I’m able to get into the preferences pane under https://<instance_name>/settings/, as well as the admin page, but it always loads a blank page when trying to load https://<instance_name>/web/getting-started. Does this signify anything? Am I missing something?


#2

Noticed I’m also getting this under the console of dev tools:
DOMException
code: 12
columnNumber: 0
data: null
filename: "blob:https://<instance_name>/46d56f73-b294-4001-8b71-341f4b17e5b0"
lineNumber: 164
message: "An invalid or illegal string was specified"
name: "SyntaxError"
result: 2152923148
stack: “WrappedWebSocket@blob:https://<instance_name>/46d56f73-b294-4001-8b71-341f4b17e5b0:164:44\nvalue@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:742010\ne@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:741868\no@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:740878\nr/<@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:740550\nr/</</<@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:487119\n[635]/E</e.prototype.componentDidMount@https://<instance_name>/packs/application-5a478242ad25f72e809a.js:1:8854\ncommitLifeCycles@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:620583\nt@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:624162\nw@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:629642\nv@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:629343\nh@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:628471\np@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:627861\nupdateContainer@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:632120\ngn/<@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:643554\nunbatchedUpdates@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:630868\ngn@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:643523\nrender@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:672875\no/<@https://<instance_name>/packs/application-5a478242ad25f72e809a.js:1:8074\nr@https://<instance_name>/packs/common-939e69a1c6e7b971ef88.js:1:128484\no@https://<instance_name>/packs/application-5a478242ad25f72e809a.js:1:7960\n[633]/<@https://<instance_name>/packs/application-5a478242ad25f72e809a.js:1:7661\n”


#3

And so I figured it out. I had set STREAMING_API_BASE_URL=<instance_name> instead of just leaving it blank. Performed all the steps I had to get it operational from scratch and, lo and behold, it started working.