500 errors after migration and upgrade

Hi everyone. I just migrated an instance. My old server uses 3.1.4 and the new one uses 3.2.1. I followed steps in Migrating to a new machine. After the migration, the pages can be loaded normally and I can log in but all requests is getting 500 errors. How could I solve this problem? Is there any place I can read server logs? Thanks!

A list of what I did and didn’t FYI:

• Copy ~/live/public/system
  • Copy .env.production
  • Migrate database
  • Build frontend successfully
  • Rebuild feeds successfully
  • Didn’t run mastodon:setup

Well, ideally you should have migrated to a server on the same version first and only after make the upgrade. So, if you were running 3.1.4 on the old server, you should have installed 3.1.4 on the new and only after confirming a successful migration doing the upgrade.

From what you describe probably you are just missing the database steps mentioned on the releases from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1, you can find them here: Releases · tootsuite/mastodon · GitHub

In this specific case there are only two releases and probably if you follow upgrade steps on Release v3.2.0 · tootsuite/mastodon · GitHub you should be ok.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.