100% width on my instance?

#Help How to set up an instance to 100% with like on mastodon.social?

0 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by 100% or why you would think mastodon.social would be at “100%”

0 Likes

Hi. I’m so sorry… I’m almost sure that I didn’t expressed myself correctly. I meant to say width, I’m talking about the layout itself. Mine is pushed to the left instead of covering the whole screen. How can I make it so it fill up the whole thing?
Also… How do I show federated contents… Like posts from other sites. I can’t seem to find the settings.
Thank you so much for the help.

0 Likes

Hi. I’m so sorry… I’m almost sure that I didn’t expressed myself correctly. I meant to say width, I’m talking about the layout itself. Mine is pushed to the left instead of covering the whole screen. How can I make it so it fill up the whole thing?
Also… How do I show federated contents… Like posts from other sites. I can’t seem to find the settings.
Thank you so much for the help.

0 Likes

can you send a screenshot of the page you’re looking at? I’m having a hard time understanding whether you’re trying to talk about the instance landing page or the multi-column web interface. Ideally if you could send two screenshots, one with the behavior you’re seeing and one with the expected behavior, that would be great

you can see federated content by following other users. mastodon is a follower-based network, so no posts are delivered to new servers “by default”. you have to follow users that you find interesting and then you will see their content in your home timeline

0 Likes

@nightpool Thank you very much for taking the time. This is what I mean…if you see the screenshot from mastodon.social, it covers the whole window of my computer, meanwhile, mine is pushed the left!

0 Likes

It looks like you have a custom stylish style that makes the mastodon.social page wider. I would recommend you either 1) update that custom style on your browser to match your instance URL, or 2) add the styles that you have in that custom style to the instance CSS so that they show up for all users.

0 Likes

@nightpool wow, you are right, it’s a plugin that I have installed for the brave/chrome browser. I don’t even remember when I got it to install, but it does make the drawers dynamic and the instance look amazing. The CSS is by @brunodiaz over at Mastodon: Dynamic wide columns, narrow drawer | Userstyles.org

Wondering if it’s possible to implement the same by adding the custom CSS on the admin panel.
The code used on the plugin is

{
@ media (min-width: 1600px)
{
.drawer {
width: 300px;
}

.column
{
width: calc((100% - 300px) / 3);
}
}
}

However, adding this have absolutely no effect on the instance!

0 Likes

wait., this does work!

@media (min-width: 1600px) {
.drawer {
width: 300px;
}
.column {
width: calc((100% - 300px) / 3);
}
}

hopefully it doesn’t cause any negative effect!

0 Likes